Sunday 12 June 2016

My First Creative Post


Hi Everyone,
I have wanted to write a creative blog for so long and now it is finally happening. Crafts are my passion, knitting, crochet, sewing, diy craft projects, making anything I can.
I am inspired by lots of things, nature, fashion, catwalk, Chanel, young knitwear/fashion design graduates, other creative blogs, Pinterest, Irish crochet and craft, magazines, books, yarn, colours, jewellery, art deco, Gaudi, Irish designers and more, in essence  all things beautiful.
I hope to share my finds along the way, free patterns, inspiration, beautiful images, tutorials to help you create things and also show you some of the things I have made and hopefully help you grow your creative side too. There is a treasure trove of ideas and projects to make out there or just look at and be inspired.  I hope you enjoy it. 
Catwalk Crochet  
To day I want to show some catwalk inspired crochet, might get you thinking, yes I can do that! Just look at Gigi Hadid's granny square jacket designed by Rosetta Getty. Costs thousands to buy and looks fab on her, but it just lots of granny squares, crocheted  and sewn together. Do-able i'd say, a lot of work but worth it.

 There are lots of vintage patterns online to help you do it ,like  this free one from Red Heart.com. Just make it a little longer and play around with the neck design, just add a scarf. it could be amazing.



or this one from the WHOOT.Com





Tommy Hilfiger Spring Summer 2016



Chanel






I hope this tiny selection of designer crochet and Knitting gives you some inspiration and  ideas for things to design and make for your unique style

I just want to give a mention to my favourite craft shop in Ireland, Kilbaha Gallery and Crafts,  situated near the Loop Head LightHouse , on the Wild Atlantic way, full of beautiful Irish crafts and worth a visit for a coffee and cake too. 


Kilbaha Gallery and Crafts

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Crafty Irish Girl. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig